Rickert Building Products is the leading door supplier in the Central Maryland region.
With the quality brands you expect and the expertise to help you choose the perfect exterior or interior doors for your home, Rickert Building Products is the place everyone has come to rely on to get the job done right.
EXTERIOR WOOD DOORS
Click here for our exterior wood door catalog. The high quality doors in this catalog are usually available prehung within 7-10 days. If you need the door only, they are usually available in just a few days.
Simpson is the premier manufacturer of Stile and Rail doors in the industry. Simpson manufactures custom doors in virtually any wood species or design and offers 21 standard tempered glass options.
Hint: Add Ultrablock Technology to your Simpson exterior door for usually less than $50. This composite block in the bottom of the door stiles will add years of service to your door. Click here to learn more.
Rogue Valley manufactures custom doors in 16 species in widths up to 6 feet and heights up to 14 feet tall. All of the door components are manufactured on site allowing for endless design possibilities. Doors are available up to 2-1/4" thick.
EXTERIOR FIBERGLASS DOORS
NOW AVAILABLE PREFINISHED
We can factory finish your Therma-Tru door to any Sherwin-Williams color.
Therma-Tru entry door systems are the brand that most builders and remodelers prefer. Every line of doors offered comes with a package of performance. With a front door by Therma-Tru, not only will you see an increase in comfort, energy efficiency and performance, you will also see an increase in curb appeal. In fact, you can increase the perceived value of your home just by adding a Therma-Tru entry door system.
Consumers believe an attractive front entrance not only adds to a home’s curb appeal, but can also boost its perceived market value, according to a national study commissioned by Therma-Tru.
The study, conducted by an independent research company, found that a home with an enhanced Therma-Tru entryway added to its perceived value by as much as five times the cost of the door itself.
Plastpro's fiberglass doors bring an innovative alternative to the entry door market. With Plastpro's fiberglass entry door line, you can combine beauty and strength to your front door. Plastpro Doors™ utilize Hydroshield Technology™ to make your entry door moisture resistant and energy efficient. With a Plastpro entry door, you can be sure that you have the best fiberglass entry door in the market.
How to Order an Exterior Door
At Rickert Building Products, we are here to help you get the right door for your project. We will work with you to make sure you get the perfect door with the specifications needed to get the job done. After you select your door (also called a door slab), you will need to consider your frame specifications.
1. Do you want the door to swing in or out of the house. Most residential doors swing-in.
2. You can choose to have the door swing left or right. See diagram below.
This main center door is an example of a right hand in-swing.
3. You will need to choose a frame (also known as a jamb) for the door to hang on. These come in usually two depths, 4-9/16" deep for 2x4 framed walls and 6-9/16" deep for 2x6 framed walls. This allows for 1/2" of drywall on the inside and about 1/2" for exterior wall sheathing. FYI: 2x4's are 3-1/2" deep and 2x6's are 5-1/2" deep. Other frame depths are available.
4. It is very common to have brick moulding applied to the exterior portion of the frame. This moulding is 2" wide and 1" deep. Your siding will run up to this moulding. Instead of brick moulding, many other choices of finishing the exterior trim of your door are available.
5. Will you be painting or staining the frame, most frames come pre-primed for painting but clear pine and fir veneer frames are available.
6. If painting, many frame options are available.
a. A regular primed all wood frame.
b. A wood frame with a composite material bottom; this is called a Framesaver (highly recommended). There is a good chance you are replacing your current door because the bottom of the door frame is rotting. This prevents that problem. This also stops the main reason why paint will flake off the bottom of the frame.
c. A full composite frame. This eliminates any problems with the frame rotting
7. You will need to choose the color of your hinges. We have a hinge display to show all your options. They are available in the following finishes to match today’s popular hardware colors:
WINDOW AND DOOR
Simpsoon Bungalow Model 7218 Door
with 9541 Dental Shelf
Therma Tru FiberClassic Door Model 19 with FiberClassic 19 SideLight and 19900T Transom. Door shown with Starlite Glass.
See Our Door Specials
Smooth Fiberglass and Steel Doors
Simpson, ThermaTru and Plastpro Door Displays
Wood Species Options
Hardware Finish Options
Rickert Building Products
Great Service and Reasonable Prices